This online CPR test has 15 questions. Select the best answer for each question.
Test your CPR knowledge online with these review questions.
Your understanding of CPR online procedures and the correct way to perform CPR steps will be tested.
You will get to answer each question until you get it correct so this is a review rather than a scored CPR test.
The CPR instructions can be learned online in this site before taking this CPR test.
Testing is not an indication that you are an expert in CPR procedures.
Use this simple online CPR test to check your own knowledge level and then
take hands-on CPR classes to get a real feel for performing CPR the correct way.
1. What does CPR stand for?
Call, Plan, Respond
Coronary Pathogen Revival
Capillary Process Review
2. How many chest compressions should be performed each minute when giving CPR?
3. What is the recommended compression to ventilation ratio?
4. At what age do children become adults in CPR terms?
5. When you deliver the first rescue breath, what should you do if the victim's chest does not rise?
Deliver a sharp blow to the center of the chest
Give another breath
Perform the head tilt-chin lift
Stop performing CPR
6. If you are alone with an unresponsive child, what should you do?
Call 9-1-1 or emergency number
Deliver 2 rescue breaths, then call 9-1-1
Perform 5 back slaps, then 5 chest thrusts
Deliver 5 cycles of CPR then call 9-1-1
7. When attempting defibrillation, how many shocks with an AED should be delivered before resuming CPR?
8. What is the first step in using an AED?
Expose the victim's chest
Plug the pad connector into the AED
Turn on the AED
Press the 'Analyze' button on the AED
9. What type of breath should be given when performing rescue breathing?
10. If a victim does not respond after a shock from an AED, how many minutes of CPR should be performed before checking the victim's rhythm again?
11. Where is the chest compression landmark on an adult?
Center of the chest
Center of the chest, one finger width below the nipple line
One handwidth above where the ribs meet
4 inches below the sternum
12. How should compressions be performed on an infant?
With the heel of one hand
With the heel of one hand and the other hand on top of the first
With fingertips of both hands
With 2 fingers of one hand
13. If an AED is available, but does not have child pads or child energy dose setting, what should you do for a 6 year old non-responsive victim?
Perform CPR, but do not use the AED
Use the AED, but only apply one pad
Use the AED and adult pads
Use the AED for only one shock
14. What is the maximum time you should take to check for normal breathing?
15. Why should you use gloves and a mouth barrier device when delivering CPR?
To prevent additional injury to the victim
To minimize fatigue
To eliminate odors from bad breath, vomit, and blood
To prevent the rescuer from contracting a disease